Contact

Welcome to the J. Ann Photography blog. Here you will be able to find more of my recent work from shoots and everyday life.

For more information, such as availability and pricing, please visit www.jannphoto.com or send an email to jannphoto@gmail.com.


Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Soup - It's what's for dinner!

I had to share because it's too good for words!

Last night, I came home from work and headed straight to the kitchen to whip up this delicious soup for dinner.  Thanks to my crazy obsession with everything related to Food Network, I came across this recipe in their latest issue (which is actually on the cover).  I squealed a little more when I found out is was an Ina Garten recipe (love everything and anything that comes out of that woman's kitchen!).

I can't put into words how incredible this soup was.  I was transported back to my childhood days of having my Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Campbell's Tomato Soup on the side.  What better way to jazz it up then to chop up the sandwich and throw it into the soup (how have I never thought to do this before?!).

I did make a few minor adjustments to the original recipe.  There was no way this girl was dropping $20 on Saffron, so I substituted that for Goya Sazon seasoning, which basically has the same effect.  I also swapped out the white bread for whole wheat and since our household likes things spicy, replaced the Gruyere Cheese with some 3 Pepper Colby Jack to give it a little kick.

The result was something that instantly put a smile on my face and is going to make me a very happy girl this winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment